Monday, July 4, 2011

Love Story: Leah (Harstenstein) & Greg Morse

Photos by Daria Bishop
Leah (Harstenstein) & Greg Morse

On Halloween night, 2003, while attending my first year at Wagner College in New York City, I met Greg, another freshman. He was from upstate New York and ran on the Division I track team. We spent the night watching the famous Greenwich Village Halloween parade with a group of close friends. I was dressed as a Christmas tree, Greg as himself. We both had fun that night but did not think much of it. As college started to fly by we became the best of friends. Everyone thought we were dating, but we just loved spending time together! Finally, when it just so happened that we were both single, we decided to try dating.

As college finished, Greg took a Wall Street job and I stayed in school to pursue my master’s degree. We stayed very close, both living on the Upper East side and enjoyed time together.

Our Engagement

We both love to travel! We were on a two week trip to South America with my parents; on our second night in Chile, there was an incredible sunset over the ocean. We were sipping wine on a balcony staring off into the sky when Greg told me he’d be right back. He came back and gave me a small Tiffany’s box, but not a ring box. I opened it and there was a beautiful necklace with the initials “LKM.” My last name started with an “H” so I was not sure if the store made a mistake. I gave him a puzzled look, he asked me if I knew what the necklace meant. Before I could say anything, he said, “They are your new initials if you say yes.” He pulled my grandmother’s amazing engagement ring out of his pocket and that was it!


Favorite Wedding Moments

The ceremony location at the Basin Harbor Club is just stunning. The beautiful weather, amazing flute and strings trio, and incredible surrounding gardens made the day.

The guests had bubbles to blow at us as we walked back down the aisle.

The Ben & Jerry’s ice cream wedding cake was great!

Click here for the full article with all the details about Leah and Greg's Love Story and wedding planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment